- Get More Information Here:
- Painters Port Stephens
Tips for Choosing Exterior Paint Choices
Are you tired of looking at your home\’s dull exterior paint? Is it time to change the color of your home after 10 years? Well, a new color can make your home stand out and can be a simple renovation that can add instant value and appeal. Curb appeal is important with homes and paint that is dull or chipping in different places is not going to be attractive.
But where do you even begin? What colors are you going to choose? You\’re probably stumped with ideas or perhaps you have too many ideas. Not to worry though, here are some tips to help you choose paint colors. Before You Start Painting Before you take one swing of that brush, make sure your home is prepared. Not many people take the time to do this, but if you\’ve got paint chipping, you need to sand your home to remove it all. This allows the new paint to go on smooth. You need to use a primer as well. You want to take the time to prepare your home\’s surface so the paint lasts for many years as opposed to being a temporary fix. You need to make sure you\’ve got all the tools you need. This includes brushes, the right paint, ladders and anything else you think you\’ll need. Make sure you have enough paint to fully cover your home. While it may go on looking good enough, once it dries you\’ll find you may need another coat, if not a third. Now, Down to Business Ok, you\’ve got everything you need to get started painting. While choosing the color you want, think about the surroundings. Do you have shutters on your home? If so, maybe think of a color that\’s going to compliment them. You don\’t want green paint when you have red shutters. Another great trick to consider is getting small sample cans of paint and painting little squares of your home. This allows you to see how a color is going to look when it\’s dried. This is better than getting an entire side of your home painted and then deciding that it\’s not what you wanted. This can add up fast as far as cost is concerned. Getting these sample cans can also allow you to see what it\’ll look like in different times of the day as well as when the sun hits it. Many times people find a color they fall in love with at the hardware store so they buy gallons of it. However, they find that once their home is painted they aren\’t too fond of it. That means another trip to the hardware store and more money is spent. When it comes to painting your home, you might also want to consider hiring a house painter. Painting a home on your own is going to be a lot of work and it might not turn out the way you wanted. Painters have the experience and the tools needed to give your home a new look that is sure to impress everyone.
Looking for a reliable
residential paint contractor
to make your home beautifule but unique from others? Here\’s a good recommendation which features the
fees charged by a quality contractor
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Planetary scientist Vlada Stamenkovi? of the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory and colleagues have developed a new chemical model of how oxygen dissolves in Martian conditions, which raises the possibility of oxygen-rich brines; enough, the work suggests, to support simple animals such as sponges. The model was published in Nature on October 22. Wikinews caught up with him in an email interview to find out more about his team’s research and their plans for the future.
The atmosphere of Mars is far too thin for humans to breathe or for lungs like ours to extract any oxygen at all. It has on average only around 0.6% of the pressure of Earth’s atmosphere, and this is mainly carbon dioxide; only 0.145% of the thin Martian atmosphere is oxygen. The new model indicated these minute traces of oxygen should be able to enter salty seeps of water on or near the planet’s surface at levels high enough to support life forms comparable to Earth’s microbes, possibly even simple sponges. Some life forms can survive without oxygen, but oxygen permits more energy-intensive metabolism. Almost all complex multicellular life on Earth depends on oxygen.
“We were absolutely flabbergasted […] I went back to recalculate everything like five different times to make sure it’s a real thing,” Stamenkovi? told National Geographic.
“Our work is calling for a complete revision for how we think about the potential for life on Mars, and the work oxygen can do,” he told Scientific American, “implying that if life ever existed on Mars it might have been breathing oxygen”.
Stamenkovi? et al cite research from 2014 showing some simple sponges can survive with only 0.002 moles of oxygen per cubic meter (0.064 mg per liter). Some microbes that need oxygen can survive with as little as a millionth of a mole per cubic meter (0.000032 mg per liter). In their model, they found there can be enough oxygen for microbes throughout Mars, and enough for simple sponges in oases near the poles.
In 2014, also suggesting multicellular life could exist on Mars, de Vera et al, using the facilities at the German Aerospace Center (DLR), studied some lichens, including Pleopsidium chlorophanum, which can grow high up in Antarctic mountain ranges. They showed those lichens can also survive and even grow in Mars simulation chambers. The lichens can do this because their algal component is able to produce the oxygen needed by the fungal component. Stamenkovi? et al’s research provides a way for oxygen to get into the Martian brines without algae or photosynthesis.
Stamenkovi? et al found oxygen levels throughout Mars would be high enough for the least demanding aerobic (oxygen-using) microbes, for all the brines they considered, and all the methods of calculation. They published a detailed map of the distributions of solubility for calcium perchlorates for their more optimistic calculations, which they reckoned were closer to the true case, with and without supercooling. The lowest concentrations were shown in the tropical southern uplands. Brine in regions poleward of about 67.5° to the north and about 72.5° to the south could have oxygen concentrations high enough for simple sponges. Closer to the poles, concentrations could go higher, approaching levels typical of sea water on Earth, 0.2 moles per cubic meter (6.4 mg per liter), for calcium perchlorates. On Earth, worms and clams that live in the muddy sea beds require 1 mg per liter, bottom feeders such as crabs and oysters 3 mg per liter, and spawning migratory fish 6 mg per liter, all within 0.2 moles per cubic meter, 6.4 mg per liter.
- ((Wikinews)) Does your paper’s value of up to 0.2 moles of oxygen per cubic meter, the same as Earth’s sea water, mean that there could potentially be life on Mars as active as our sea worms or even fish?
- Stamenkovi?: Mars is such a different place than the Earth and we still need to do so much more work before we can even start to speculate.
Stamenkovi? et al studied magnesium and calcium perchlorates, common on Mars. They found the highest oxygen concentrations occur when the water is colder, which happens most in polar regions.
- ((WN)) The temperatures for the highest levels of oxygen are really low, -133 °C, so, is the idea that this oxygen would be retained when the brines warm up to more habitable temperatures during the day or seasonally? Or would the oxygen be lost as it warms up? Or — is the idea that it has to be some exotic biochemistry that works only at ultra low temperatures like Dirk Schulze-Makuch’s life based on hydrogen peroxide and perchlorates internal to the cells as antifreeze?
- Stamenkovi?: The options are both: first, cool oxygen-rich environments do not need to be habitats. They could be reservoirs packed with a necessary nutrient that can be accessed from a deeper and warmer region. Second, the major reason for limiting life at low temperature is ice nucleation, which would not occur in the type of brines that we study.
Stamenkovi? et al’s paper is theoretical and is based on a simplified general circulation model of the Mars atmosphere — it ignores distinctions of seasons and the day / night cycle. Stamenkovi?’s team combined it with a chemical model of how oxygen would dissolve in the brines and used this to predict oxygen levels in such brines at various locations on Mars.
When asked about plans for a future model that might include seasonal timescales, Stamenkovi? told Wikinews, “Yes, we are now exploring the kinetics part and want to see what happens on shorter timescales.”
Stamenkovi? et al’s model also takes account of the tilt of the Mars axis, which varies much more than Earth’s does.
Wikinews asked Stamenkovi? if he had any ideas about whether and how sponges could survive through times when the tilt was higher and less oxygen would be available:
- ((WN)) I notice from your figure that there is enough oxygen for sponges only at tilts of about 45 degrees or less. Do you have any thoughts about how sponges could survive periods of time in the distant past when the Mars axial tilt exceeds 45 degrees, for instance, might there be subsurface oxygen-rich oases in caves that recolonize the surface? Also what is the exact figure for the tilt at which oxygen levels sufficient for sponges become possible? (It looks like about 45 degrees from the figure but the paper doesn’t seem to give a figure for this.)
- Stamenkovi?: 45 deg is approx. the correct degree. We were also tempted to speculate about this temporal driver but realized that we still know so little about the potential for life on Mars/principles of life that anything related to this question would be pure speculation, unfortunately.
- ((WN)) How quickly would the oxygen get into the brines — did you investigate the timescale?
- Stamenkovi?: No, we did not yet study the dynamics. We first needed to show that the potential is there. We are now studying the timescales and processes.
- ((WN)) Could the brines that Nilton Renno and his teams simulated, forming on salt/ice interfaces within minutes in Mars simulation conditions, get oxygenated in the process of formation? If not, how long would it take for them to get oxygenated to levels sufficient for aerobic microbes? For instance could the Phoenix leg droplets have taken up enough oxygen for aerobic respiration by microbes?
- Stamenkovi?: Just like the answer above. Dynamics is still to be explored. (But this is a really good question ?).
Wikinews also asked Stamenkovi? how their research is linked to the recent discovery of possible large subglacial lake below the Martian South Pole found through radar mapping.
- ((WN)) Some news stories coupled your research with the subglacial lakes announcement earlier this year. Could the oxygen get through ice into layers of brines such as the possible subglacial lakes at a depth of 1.5 km?
- Stamenkovi?: There are other ways to create oxygen. Radiolysis of water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen can liberate oxygen in the deep and that O2 could be dissolved in deep groundwater. The radiolytic power for this would come from radionuclides naturally contained in rocks, something we observe in diverse regions on Earth.
- ((WN)) And I’d also like to know about your experiment you want to send to Mars to help with the search for these oxygenated brines.
- Stamenkovi?: We are now developing at “NASA/JPL-California Institute of Technology” a small tool, called TH2OR (Transmissive H2O Reconnaissance) that might one day fly with a yet-to-be-determined mission. It will use low frequency sounding techniques, capable of detecting groundwater at depths down to ideally a few km under the Martian surface, thanks to the high electric conductivity of only slightly salty water and Faraday’s law of induction. Most likely, such a small and affordable instrument could be placed stationary on the planet’s surface or be carried passively or actively on mobile surface assets; TH2OR might be also used in combination with existing orbiting assets to increase its sounding depth. Next to determining the depth of groundwater, we should also be able to estimate its salinity and indirectly its potential chemistry, which is critical information for astrobiology and ISRU (in situ resource utilization).
- ((WN)) Does your TH2OR use TDEM like the Mars 94 mission — and will it use natural ULF sources such as solar wind, diurnal variations in ionosphere heating and lightning?
- Stamenkovi?: The physical principle it uses is the same and this has been used for groundwater detection on the Earth for many decades; it’s Faraday’s law of induction in media that are electrically conducting (as slightly saline water is).
- Stamenkovi?: However, we will focus on creating our own signal as we do not know whether the EM fields needed for such measurements exist on Mars. However, we will also account for the possibility of already existing fields.
Sunday, November 6, 2016
The following is the sixth and final edition of a monthly series chronicling the U.S. 2016 presidential election. It features original material compiled throughout the previous month after an overview of the month’s biggest stories.
In this month’s edition on the campaign trail: the Free & Equal Foundation holds a presidential debate with three little-known candidates; three additional candidates give their final pleas to voters; and past Wikinews interviewees provide their electoral predictions ahead of the November 8 election.
|This article mentions the Wikimedia Foundation, one of its projects, or people related to it. Wikinews is a project of the Wikimedia Foundation.|
Thursday, October 22, 2020
2020 Melbourne Lord Mayor candidate Wayne Tseng answered some questions about his campaign for the upcoming election from Wikinews. The Lord Mayor election in the Australian city is scheduled to take place this week.
Tseng runs a firm called eTranslate, which helps software developers to make the software available to the users. In the candidate’s questionnaire, Tseng said eTranslate had led to him working with all three tiers of the government. He previously belonged to the Australian Liberal Party, but has left since then, to run for mayorship as an independent candidate.
Tseng is of Chinese descent, having moved to Australia with his parents from Vietnam. Graduated in Brisbane, Tseng received his PhD in Melbourne and has been living in the city, he told Wikinews. Tseng also formed Chinese Precinct Chamber of Commerce, an organisation responsible for many “community bond building initiatives”, the Lord Mayor candidate told Wikinews.
Tseng discussed his plans for leading Melbourne, recovering from COVID-19, and “Democracy 2.0” to ensure concerns of minorities in the city were also heard. Tseng also focused on the importance of the multi-culture aspect and talked about making Melbourne the capital of the aboriginals. Tseng also explained why he thinks Melbourne is poised to be a world city by 2030.
Tseng’s deputy Lord Mayor candidate Gricol Yang is a Commercial Banker and works for ANZ Banking Group.
Currently, Sally Capp is the Lord Mayor of Melbourne, the Victorian capital. Capp was elected as an interim Lord Mayor in mid-2018 after the former Lord Mayor Robert Doyle resigned from his position after sexual assault allegations. Doyle served as the Lord Mayor of Melbourne for almost a decade since 2008.
- Get More Information Here:
- Crochet Dress
You do have some options when it comes to buying real estate for sale but San Francisco condos for sale may be one of the best options on the table. There are quite a few reasons why San Francisco condos for sale is a better option than other options. Evaluating your choices is the best way to find the best real estate options that will best meet your needs.
People flock to buy condos in SF because it is the option that fits their lifestyle. Here are some benefits that you can experience when you purchase an SF condo:
* No maintenance worries- all you must worry about is inside your apartment, gardens, lounge areas and other communal spaces are taken care of for you. This fact of course will free up your time so that you can enjoy the things that you love to do.
* Prime location-if you love the city and want to live in the heart of the city than condo living is ideal for you. You can have easy access to all the things that make SF a great place to live when you live in the right condo in the right location.
* New, new and new- buying a new condo is even a better deal! When you buy new you are the first to live in it, it is up to the minute styled and will be a worry-free residence for years to come. New condos offer the best value.
Condo living is for people that do not want to be a slave to their property. Living in a condo gives you the possibility of living a carefree lifestyle while still owning property. Why pay for a lease when a condo builds value and can be a great way to get a return on your investment down the road.
Consider Your Options
Before you make a buying, decision consider your options carefully. With a little consideration, most people realize that if you are going to live in SF you might as well live in the heart of the city and take advantage of all the great possibilities. The Austin is a good example of why people buy condos instead of houses. You get all the amenities you need for your lifestyle; the condos are designed for how you live today and the location is completely exceptional!
This is the category for Nuclear medicine.
Refresh this list to see the latest articles.
From Wikinews, the free news source you can write.
Medical imaging equipment using radioisotopes
Pages in category “Nuclear medicine”
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
The Qatar-based Arabic language television network al-Jazeera has aired a new tape of al-Qaeda’s second-in-command, Ayman al-Zawahri. In his first video appearance to mention the Peshawar province missile attack in Pakistan, Al-Zawahri refers to the alleged strike on himself and calls United States President George W. Bush, a “butcher” and a “failure”.
On the tape, al-Zawahri says he survived an American air strike targeting him in eastern Pakistan on January 13. The air strike killed 13 villagers and led to widespread demonstrations in Pakistan for the alleged deaths of civilians. The U.S. has made no official claim of responsibility for the cross-border attack from Afghanistan.
“Butcher of Washington, you are not only defeated and a liar, but also a failure. You are a curse on your own nation and you have brought and will bring them only catastrophes and tragedies,” Zawahri said, referring to President Bush. “Bush, do you know where I am? I am among the Muslim masses.”
al-Zawahri also threatened the citizens of Britain and the U.S.A. in the tape; “The lion of Islam, Sheik Osama bin Laden, may God protect him, offered you a decent exit from your dilemma. But your leaders, who are keen to accumulate wealth, insist on throwing you in battles and killing your souls in Iraq and Afghanistan and — God willing — on your own land.”
A U.S. counterterrorism official said to AP reporters on condition of anonymity, that the message broadcast by al-Jazeera indicates that al-Qaeda believed it was important to show that al-Zawahri is alive. The U.S. official also noted that the video was delivered quickly, demonstrating al-Zawahri’s ability to get his message out even faster than bin Laden. As al-Zawahri make a reference to Osama Bin Laden’s offering of a truce, it appears this tape is recorded not more than 12 days ago, which make a very short time according to al-Qaeda standards.
It has been widely reported, but not confirmed, that some al-Qaeda operatives were killed by the U.S. airstrike on the village of Damadola in Pakistan.
- See the discussion page for instructions on adding schools to this list and for an alphabetically arranged listing of schools.
Due to the damage by Hurricane Katrina and subsequent flooding, a number of colleges and universities in the New Orleans metropolitan area will not be able to hold classes for the fall 2005 semester. It is estimated that 75,000 to 100,000 students have been displaced. . In response, institutions across the United States and Canada are offering late registration for displaced students so that their academic progress is not unduly delayed. Some are offering free or reduced admission to displaced students. At some universities, especially state universities, this offer is limited to residents of the area.
- Get More Information Here:
- Best Podcast Editing Service Sydney
By Tellman H. Knudson
The two previous articles in this series explained what press releases are, what they can do for your Internet marketing business, and how to write them. But you need to distribute them for any real benefit. So, in this article, let’s discuss the benefits of one of the most respected press release sites on the Internet–PRWeb.
PRWeb is one of the largest press release directories online, and smart Internet marketing folks use PRWeb to get their news seen by consumers and media people alike. Though there are many free press release sites online, most won’t allow you to use anchor text, which is a hyperlinked keyword phrase, in the body of your release. Nor can you add pictures, sound or video. You can add these things at PRWeb. However, PRWeb is not free. The cost to post a release there is between $80 and $360, but if your news is really important, placing a release there is well worth the cost.
A basic press release at PRWeb will cost $80, and though it’s still a good way to get the word out, the perks increase as the price rises. You can add pictures, hyperlinks, and have the release added to your RSS feed at the $200 level. At the $360 level, you can add videos and podcasts, but unless you want to add those elements, the $200 release is a pretty good deal. One cool thing is that you can include hyperlinks to your keyword phrases and those are one-way links pointing back to your website, giving you search engine optimization advantage. The ability to add a picture helps because it draws readers’ eyes to your release from a veritable sea of other headlines. Though your headline may be noticed, you increase the chances of your release not being overlooked when you add a picture.
This price point also allows you to add Web 2.0 tags. That means your release might be picked up by bloggers searching Technorati for interesting information related to their niche. So your announcement could end up on blogs, too.
Whatever price level you choose, be sure to follow PRWeb’s editorial guidelines, or any other site’s guidelines where you intend to submit your release. Though editors will work with you to get the release out, it will delay the release of your news. If you’re announcing something timely, you’ll be sunk. So, try to get the release uploaded to the site a few days before the event you want to publicize about your Internet marketing business is happening. If the release is sent back to you, you’ll have time to make corrections and send it through again.
But here’s the deal: Don’t neglect to use press releases. They’re a very powerful way to advertise any important event in your Internet marketing business. If jumping right into a paid release makes you uneasy, start with the free release sites, until you know the ropes. Just don’t forget that press releases are an incredibly effective way to put your Internet marketing business on the map.
About the Author: Tellman Knudson is CEO of OvercomeEverything.com and a master of list building. Get Your Free List Building CD, a month Free in
Tellman’s List Building Club
, and a Free one-hour consultation… Now at http://listbuildingpower.net