Very few people actually realize the importance of good dental health in time. This is the reason cavities and decay are still the main cause of premature tooth loss in both children and adults. In case you are having a tooth decay problem, you will need a dentist to have a look at the teeth early enough as this could save your natural tooth. Here are some important things that you need to know about the process of getting a Root Canal in Chicopee MA.
What dental anomalies are restored by getting a root canal?
You can get a root canal procedure performed when any of the following problems happen:
* When you have cavities. Cavities that have reached and exposed the pulp cavity lead to bacterial infections that cause a lot of toothache. These bacteria are very destructive as it can spread the decay to the gums and the tooth root. The root canal procedure involves removing all the infected tissue and sealing the tooth to make sure that further infection does not occur.
* When you have a fractured tooth: When a tooth gets a fracture, its structure is compromised greatly. As a result, the tooth will be susceptible to decay. A root canal procedure will help save the tooth and protect it from further damage.
How is the procedure carried out?
* The first step involves the normal consultative meeting where the dentist will have a look at the affected teeth and determine whether the tooth should get a root canal.
* The other step will be setting up a date for the procedure. During the procedure, the dentist will sedate the patient if they have dental phobia. The sedative helps with relaxation. They will also use local anesthesia to numb the pain around the tooth.
* The dentist will expose the pulp cavity and remove all the rotting and infected tissue. This will leave a gap in the tooth. The dentist will use filler for this gap.
* The next part of the process is sealing the tooth to protect it from further damage. A crown will be put in place to stop any further damage.